Don’t underestimate your working environment
When was the last time you looked at your working environment with a critical eye?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do all the lights still work, and are they in the best place for you to see to work?
- Are the windows clean and clutter free
- Is your chair fully adjustable and is it set at the best working position for you?
- Is your computer monitor at the right height?
- Are the things you work with every day readily accessible?
- Is your desk clutter free?
- Is your filing up to date?
- When was the last time you had a good clear out?
Don’t underestimate the importance of your working environment, and the impact it has on your productivity.
I have recently redecorated my office and it was a chance for a good clear out and a review of my working practices. I am astonished at how much more effective I have become as a result!
Could your working environment do with an overhaul?