Today we want to expand on the customer profiling we talked about in our last post.
Really, the more information you can get about your customers the better – it will help you to build a deeper understanding of how they think and feel, and ultimately what they want from doing business with you.
What else might be helpful for you to know?
- What car do they drive – are they cautious Volvo drivers, or speedy sports car fans?
- Where do they shop – are they budget conscious bargain hunters, or high end Waitrose shoppers? Maybe shopping is an experience and they use artisan shops?
- Do they read a newspaper – and if so which one? Online or hard copy?
- Are they interested in current affairs? And how do they stay updated – via television, radio, newspaper or the internet?
- Do they prefer text or email?
- What, if any, social media sites do they use? And how do they use them – are they avid fans with alerts on, or do they drop in and out once or twice per week?
- What do they do in their spare time? Or are they workaholics?
Are they B2B or B2C?
It is a good idea to build up this picture whether you work with business customers or consumers (the general public). We think you can see that by getting this level of understanding it will help drive how you deliver your message, as well as the content of the message.
The next stage is to understand your customer base and buying processes, but we will leave that for next time.
For now, why not go a step further and give your female and male customer a name? Are they Kylie and Jason, or Kim and Kanye? You decide…
If you like the idea of getting some help with your marketing, give us a call on 01256 83 11 10.
Registered office address: Unit 14 Faraday Court | Rankine Road | Basingstoke | Hampshire | RG24 8PF
Registered No: 4440964 Registered in England & Wales