Searching for perfection is never a good thing as it usually holds you back.
However, creating blog posts with lots of mistakes can send out the wrong signals: lack of attention to detail, doesn’t care, doesn’t take business seriously. So check out these tips to help you proofread your blog posts:
- Read your post out loud – not only can you hear whether the rhythm is right, but you’ll also spot the problems.
- Look at the post in preview mode – you can see what the post is going to look like, make sure the image looks right and read it off the screen just like your readers.
- Print it out – errors can jump off the page at you. This is not something I’d advocate all the time, but works well for long posts sometimes.
- Give it to someone else to read. It’s amazing – no matter how many times we look at something we can’t see a mistake that jumps out a mile to someone else!
- Never publish it straight away. Ideally, sleep on it – looking at it fresh after a night’s sleep gives a different perspective. If that’s not possible at least wait a couple of hours so you can go back and look at it after doing something else.
But above all, just get it published!
Need help with your copywriting?
Give us a call on 01256 83 11 10 – we’d be delighted to help.
Registered office address: Unit 14 Faraday Court | Rankine Road | Basingstoke | Hampshire | RG24 8PF
Registered No: 4440964 Registered in England & Wales