You’ve probably read about businesses that are an overnight success. And, we’re guessing, you have thought about how much you’d like to achieve the same thing with your business.
And you’re not alone. Many business owners hanker after the same success.
So, why, if this is the Holy Grail so many are after, hasn’t anyone come up with a guaranteed winning formula? The secret to overnight success?
Because an overnight success rarely exists. To quote the late Steve Jobs:
“If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
What did he mean?
Behind every “overnight success” is years of hard work. Putting in the hours, juggling priorities, getting through the difficult times when life is really tough.
There are very few guarantees in life, and that’s certainly true in business
Sure, there are some steps to improve your chances of success…
- Profile your customers so you understand who to target, and where they hang out
- Test your marketing – what works for someone else might not work for you
- Be aware of your business image – your branding, your website, your marketing material, your communication, your team and even you – they all send a message to the outside world
- Keep going with your marketing – it is a slow burn
- Outsource areas of your business where you don’t have expertise
- Work with experienced professionals – you get what you pay for
And that’s just some of the marketing ones
But be wary of snake oil tactics. Those promises of instant wealth and overnight success. Remember, if sounds too good to be true? It probably is.
If you’d like help with getting your marketing sorted,
give us a call on 01256 83 11 10.
Registered office address: Unit 14 Faraday Court | Rankine Road | Basingstoke | Hampshire | RG24 8PF
Registered No: 4440964 Registered in England & Wales
© Copyright 2021 Bang Consulting Limited