If we were being really honest we might call these the darker moments in your business – but let’s be upbeat, as the next year is going to be a great one for you and your business.
But before we gallop ahead, sun shining and all guns blazing, let’s just take a moment to reflect on some of the less successful stuff from the last year:
Last time, we suggested you ask yourself a series of questions about what has gone particularly well.
Now we want you to ask yourself these questions:
- Who was your least favourite customer and why? We’re not asking you to name and shame, but understand what went wrong, and learn from it.
- What was your marketing white elephant? The thing you were sure that was going to work, but turned out to be a flop?
- What was your biggest time suck? The thing that took up the most time, but for little or no reward?
- What was your least successful marketing campaign? In terms of business achieved, open rate, sharing on social media – however you want to measure it.
- What was your least successful service or product, and why? You need to reflect on whether enough customers know about this product or service – in other words have you marketed it, or just hoped people will fall across it?
- What was your least successful social media channel? Which one just didn’t seem to work for you?
If you can think of any other marketing moments you’d rather stayed buried with the archives of the previous year, now’s the time to record those too.
Don’t worry, we are not going to keep raking them up for you to beat yourself up, but we do need to get this down on paper.
Next time, we are going to look at how this information is going to help you to improve your business for the year ahead.
If you need help with identifying the answers to these questions,
please contact us on 01256 83 11 10.
Registered office address: Unit 14 Faraday Court | Rankine Road | Basingstoke | Hampshire | RG24 8PF
Registered No: 4440964 Registered in England & Wales
© Copyright 2021 Bang Consulting Limited